Friday 20 September 2013

DIY Macrame Pot Hanger Tutorial


These simple hanging pot plant holders are a really effective way to add a focal point to an otherwise blank corner, helping to introduce different levels of interest to your home decor. I like how the minimalistic natural wood, whites and desaturated greens stylishly transition the sometimes-dowdy Macrame fad of the 1970's effortlessly into the 21st century.




To make one of these yourself, you'll need:

A wooden ring
4 strands of yarn, twice the length you want your finished pot holder to be
A plant in a pot

Method:

Thread the four strands of yarn evenly through the ring and knot. Separate the 8 strands into four pairs.


Measure down to the point where you want your pot plant to hang and knot the yarn pairs.
Now knot each strand with a partner from the neighbouring pair.
 Don't forget to knot the furthest left and right strands together too, so you are essentially creating a ring of knots.
Repeat this process once more.
Then knot all the ends together and trim tails.
Insert your pot plant into this string network you've just created and hang from a hook in the ceiling.



  




























13 comments:

  1. This page is so awesome - I made three fabulous pot-plant holders last night and I LOVE THEM!! Can't wait to make more. Thanks for your easy to follow instructions. Only thing I found was that I needed much more length than the 'twice the length' you suggested - used about 10m of cord all up for a <1m long hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love hanging plants and lots of them :)

    Hugs
    Frida
    www.fridaspeach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures, those turned out great! I would love to hang some plants in pots like that around my house. I feel like plants bring such a positive energy into my home, so I like to incorporate them however and wherever I can. How much money did you end up spending on those pots? They're super cute.
    Megan | http://www.macramemagic.com/Basic-Macrame-Plant-Hangers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just followed your instructions and made myself a great little plant holder for my 'string of pearls' succulent, it's exactly as I wanted it to be, the right length and colour, only cost pennies and took just half an hour to make, thanks very much, now I can't wait to make more! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I have read all your Blog this So Nice and Awesome service you have provided, I learn many new things from here and want implement my website. If you are also Know for Waste Removal Oxford New related to this then visit my website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post!
    For all macrame project lovers! Try making these amazing macrame hammock patterns
    http://ideas4diy.com/diy-macrame-plant-hanger-patterns

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this white DIY Macrame Pot Hanger,it makes me feel clean and relax.Thank you for sharing this impressive DIY tutorial!DIY tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this!! Really great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don’t think many of websites provide this type of information. arrosticini abruzzesi

    ReplyDelete

  12. The Loan Fund worked extensively with me to help me anticipate some of the issues that my business may face. Not many lenders would go to that length. They’ve been extremely supportive and a great resource.
    Working with Mr Pedro helped me develop my business plan, ideas and brand before getting started, so I was prepared to open a successful business when I received my loan from Mr Pedro, a loan officer with a huge heart of honesty.
    Contact Mr Pedro on pedroloanss@gmail.com / WhatsApp+1 863 231 0632 .

    ReplyDelete
  13. The site is really beneficial for everyone to know about this topic. I think if you read blog than you will get some more information from blog. This is really useful blog.
    modern plant hangers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...